Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17-f019
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Hp Support Framework seems to be using a lot of cpu with Windows 10 Anniversary Update. The processor is constantly above 40% or higher. Is that normal? I also notice the fan running hard most of the time.

Any help with this is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.

It may use high CPU if it does something at that particular moment - e.g downloading/checking/installing updates. In all other cases it is not normal.

If this causes you issues you can :

- either completely uninstall it and forget about it . It is part of HP Support assistant or other HP programs. It is useful program but is not mandatory to use and your computer can work fine even without it.

- uninstall it / HP Support Assistant. Restart the computer and try to download/reinstall it to see if this helps.

>> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

Once you reinstall it, open it and check for/download/install any updates applicable (skip BIOS/UEFI updates).

I hope this helps.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.

It may use high CPU if it does something at that particular moment - e.g downloading/checking/installing updates. In all other cases it is not normal.

If this causes you issues you can :

- either completely uninstall it and forget about it . It is part of HP Support assistant or other HP programs. It is useful program but is not mandatory to use and your computer can work fine even without it.

- uninstall it / HP Support Assistant. Restart the computer and try to download/reinstall it to see if this helps.

>> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

Once you reinstall it, open it and check for/download/install any updates applicable (skip BIOS/UEFI updates).

I hope this helps.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Thanks for that. I downloaded and installed the updates to Hp Support Framework and looks like it worked! No problems since.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.