Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-d008sv Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey, i accidentally delete my webcam driver, and when i came to support/hp/drivers i didnt find my webcam driver to install it again. I dont know what to do!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@sourouppis,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the download link is for win 7 OS and your computer has Win 10 64-bit OS.

Please follow the link to install the drivers from the recovery manager: Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎

Note: Please follow the steps under the sublink "Reinstalling the original webcam software that came with your computer".

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @sourouppis

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that you have accidentally deleted the webcam driver and wanted to know how to install it.

I’d love to help!

I would like to inform you that you just need to restart your computer and the driver should get installed automatically. I recommend you to try using the webcam and check whether it is working fine.

Alternately, you can also download and install HP support assistant and it will automatically detect and install all the drivers for your computer.

You can download the driver from the below link.

http://hp.care/2nPuCWx

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for answering me @The_Fossette.

I restart my computer and then in my imagining devices appeared a device called 'HP Truevsion HD' and when i check for updates it said that the driver is up to date,  and then i go to YouCam7 to check if the camera is working and it said no camera detected... 😞 (sorry for my bad english)

Thank you in advance.

HP Recommended

@sourouppis,

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

This issue could occur if the drivers for the webcam is not directly download from the website.

Please follow the link to download the drivers: CyberLink YouCam Software

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, but i have windows 10 64-bit..:/

The driver you send  me in the link its about operating systems windows 7 only 

thanks in advance 

HP Recommended

@sourouppis,

I understand that the download link is for win 7 OS and your computer has Win 10 64-bit OS.

Please follow the link to install the drivers from the recovery manager: Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎

Note: Please follow the steps under the sublink "Reinstalling the original webcam software that came with your computer".

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

@Rainbow23 thanks for your reply,

Problem solved 😄

HP Recommended

@sourouppis,

You are welcome.

I am happy to know that the issue has resolved.

I also appreciate your time and patience.

Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

It was a pleasure assisting you. You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.