Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 17 G3 IDS Base Model Mobile Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

GauthamKrishna1_0-1714977299932.png

The Mobile broadband driver available for my hp zbook 17 g3 is not installing  i can install the qualcomm driver but i cant install the mobile broadband driver thats why i cant get cellular connection i have somehow managed to oppen the pc and insert the jio lte sim card the right portion as mentioned in this https://youtu.be/iCRwSCjBr6A?si=_ADEILMZguiBUoqx.but now windows cant detect the sim so i think it may be because the broadband driver was not installed so i downloader it from hp drivers and it extract properly after that it shows waiting cursor for some time but not launching any software so i tried running the extracted setup HPInstaller.exe manually but it isnt launching The operating system is compatible windows 10 64 bit. I also tried old version of the driver too but not working.Please help me fix it.

Learn how to remove and replace the SIM card for HP ZBook 17 G3 Mobile Workstation. CAUTION: Improperly installing or replacing parts could damage your HP device or void your warranty. Before replacing any parts, check your warranty. For other helpful videos go to https://youtube.com/hpsupport ...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sounds to me like your notebook is one of the many that did not come with the WWAN option.

Every HP ZBook 17 G3 IDS Base Model Mobile Workstation has a SIM card slot.

In order to connect to a cellular network, your notebook must have one of the WWAN adapters listed in chapter 3 of your notebook's service manual showing up in the device manager under the Network adapters device manager category.

h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06107030.pdf

HP lt4120 Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X5 LTE/EVDO/HSPA+ Gobi 4G Mobile Broadband Module

HP hs3110 HSPA+ Intel® Mobile Broadband Module

If you don't see one of the above WWAN adapters listed in the device manager, your notebook does not have the optional mobile broadband option and you would have to find, buy and install one of the above HP WWAN adapters.

The part numbers are listed in chapter 3 of the service manual.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Sounds to me like your notebook is one of the many that did not come with the WWAN option.

Every HP ZBook 17 G3 IDS Base Model Mobile Workstation has a SIM card slot.

In order to connect to a cellular network, your notebook must have one of the WWAN adapters listed in chapter 3 of your notebook's service manual showing up in the device manager under the Network adapters device manager category.

h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06107030.pdf

HP lt4120 Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X5 LTE/EVDO/HSPA+ Gobi 4G Mobile Broadband Module

HP hs3110 HSPA+ Intel® Mobile Broadband Module

If you don't see one of the above WWAN adapters listed in the device manager, your notebook does not have the optional mobile broadband option and you would have to find, buy and install one of the above HP WWAN adapters.

The part numbers are listed in chapter 3 of the service manual.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.