Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I  have used HP Photosmart Essential v1.12 for pobably more than fifteen years.  It is antiquated in that there are no templates for greetings or calendars, but it has been perfect for the preparation of photo surveys related to architectural and structural engineering inspections with templates to compose pictures of varying size and numbers with captions.  I have transferred the software successfully once previously when I replaced my laptop.  I recently replaced that HP Pavilion with an Envy and though the software appears to have transferred, when I engage the software the inital screen comes up and then disappears, not allowing me to use it, 

The question is two fold, one is there a source to access the original version, v1.12, that I could download or is there a fix to make the software I have on this laptop actually open?   Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@jlpfjr wrote:

I  have used HP Photosmart Essential v1.12 for pobably more than fifteen years. ..

@jlpfjr 

As you can see it is too old now and it won't run under new Operation system (Windows 10). HP now supplies newer software called HP Photo Creations, you can download and install to your new machine(s)

http://www.hp.com/global/us/en/consumer/digital_photography/free/software/photo-creations.html

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi JLPFJR.

Yes, HP Photo Creations replaced Photosmart Essential many years ago. HP Photo Creations runs on Windows 7, 8, and 10, as well as macOS 10.9 and up.

Note that it's not a direct replacement for the older program; HP Photo Creations is designed for creative printing. However, if you upload a photo of your previous document, we'll try to suggest a path in HP Photo Creations. From what you've said so far, I think a photo book page might work. You can add up to 60 items to a page in HP Photo Creations, including photos, captions, text boxes, and graphics.

The links below have tips and tutorials.

Thank you,

RocketLife

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.