Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop PC 14-dv1000 (464V0AV)

Hi 

I have re-installed windows on my HP laptop , but the office 365 is got deactivated which came with my new laptop when purchased. Now i am unable to retrieve the activation.

Please help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Chetanya911,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If you've lost your Office 365 product key that came with your HP laptop and have reinstalled Windows, thus deactivating your Office 365, there are several steps you can take to retrieve your activation. Typically, when Office 365 (now rebranded as Microsoft 365) comes pre-installed on a new laptop, it is linked to your Microsoft account rather than through a traditional product key. Here’s what you can do:

Check Your Microsoft Account: The first step is to log in to your Microsoft account associated with your Office 365 subscription. Visit the Microsoft Account services page, and check under the Services & subscriptions tab. If your Office 365 was activated on your laptop, it should be listed there, and you can install or reinstall it from there directly.

Check Your Email: If you had to activate Office 365 when you first set up your laptop, the product key or activation link might have been sent to your email. Check your inbox and spam folders for any emails from Microsoft around the time you first activated Office 365.

Use a Key Finder Tool: If Office 365 was activated on your laptop before you reinstalled Windows, a product key finder tool might be able to retrieve the product key from your old Windows installation. However, this is less likely to work for Office 365 since it typically doesn't use a traditional product key for activation when pre-installed on laptops.

Microsoft Support: If you're still unable to retrieve your Office 365 activation, your next step should be to contact Microsoft Support. They can help troubleshoot your issue further. Be prepared to provide them with any information about your original purchase and your Microsoft account.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.