Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I uninstalled HP Event System Event Utility and for some reason i decided to double check after I did and found out it is not recommended to uninstall it so I was hoping there was a way to reinstall it like normal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You can reinstall the software from the link below:

HP System Event Utility

This package contains the HP System Event Utility, which enables special function keys on supported notebook models to be programmed. For example, HP System Event Utility enables users to press the Fn+ESC keys to view system information. This package is provided for the supported computer models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp101501-102000/sp101543.exe 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

You can reinstall the software from the link below:

HP System Event Utility

This package contains the HP System Event Utility, which enables special function keys on supported notebook models to be programmed. For example, HP System Event Utility enables users to press the Fn+ESC keys to view system information. This package is provided for the supported computer models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp101501-102000/sp101543.exe 

HP Recommended

Thankyou so much you are a lifesaver I was so stressed about shutting my pc down and having my pc break but now I can continue and the problem that made me uninstall it is still fixed.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Hey, I downloaded the program off of the link but the command box appeared and said there was an error twice, but then it installed. I cannot find the program so maybe something went wrong but if you could help that would be much appreciated 

HP Recommended

The only suggestion I can offer would be to try the newer version of the HP system event utility from the Microsoft Store.

HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Apps

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.