Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I wish to uninstall a programme but before doing that I would like to know how to be able to go back to the date that the uninstall was done and be able to restore to that date that to how it was before.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You need to make a backup of your system. 

Windows has a recovery tool but it is not the same as a backup.  Note what is says below

BeemerBiker_0-1715602030592.png

That warning will show up for every app that was uninstalled, not just that flash junk.

Before making a backup do a thorough disk cleanup to reduce the size of the backup.  Be sure to clean up system file and that temp folder also.  For windows 10 or 11 use the image backup in the control panel as explained here (but the wording is out of date)

BeemerBiker_1-1715602815786.png

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Hi, Thank You for your response, having read your response, it is actually a recover I want to do rather than a back up, as if I uninstall a programme but come up with an error, I would like to be able to use the recovery to go back to how it was before I uninstalled the programme, hope that all makes sense!

HP Recommended

@Deni52 wrote:

Hi, Thank You for your response, having read your response, it is actually a recover I want to do rather than a back up, as if I uninstall a programme but come up with an error, I would like to be able to use the recovery to go back to how it was before I uninstalled the programme, hope that all makes sense!

Yea, I hear you, but Microsoft does not as they specifically state quote "These program might not work correctly after restore and might need to be reinstalled".

IMHO it is likely the program you need will be the one that does not work correctly after a restore.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.