Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello community, i am a new member and i would like your help. I just bought a new HP ENVY laptop in Luxembourg. When i asked for english OS they told me i have to leave the laptop for 3 days.

When they called me i went to the shop and took the laptop home.

Obviously the box was open and also screen protection gelatin was missing (usually this is removed by customer). I checked the laptop for any scratches or ware but nothing obvious found. There was some dust but could be normal.

What makes me really suspicious that laptop might be returned from another customer or repaired is the fact that when i put SN in the HP site i get information that there is 1 year and 6 months warranty left and start date 09.01.21 Did i get scammed or this is something normal? On the bottom of the laptop it is written 2y warranty so why do i have only 1y and 6m left could this be because another customer bought it in January and returned it for any kind of reason and now they sold it to me? 

Thanks a lot for answering in advance and sorry for my bad writing.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Kon_sot4u

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,

To get the answer to this question, warranty information might be registered incorrectly and this can be rectified with the proof of purchase receipt.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_2534210-1364541-16 to dispute the warranty. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.