Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

hello,

I have an issue with Hp SimplePass software. It does not display "hands" 

Picture1.PNG

Biometric Sensor driver looks good.

Picture2.PNG

I tried to reinstall Biometric driver/SimplePass softwear and it does not helped. 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Vedmini,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I see that you have recently installed Windows and HP Simple Pass seemed to have worked until there was a recent update, I just wanted to check how did you install Windows? Is it a retail copy of Windows/using the recovery media from HP.

If you have installed a retail version, that could be one of the reasons why it's not working, I would suggest you try to perform a system recovery using the recovery media which you would have created soon after the purchase of the PC. If you don't have one you could order one by contacting our HP phone support. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Vedmini,

Welcome to the HP Community, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are having issues with the HP Simple pass on your HP notebook. I'll be really glad to help you with this,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you made any software or hardware changes on the PC?

Is Windows Hello working with the fingerprint reader?

When was the last time it worked?

Was there any update/reset interrupted, recently?

Here's a related HP Forum post which has helped other's - Click here

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear @

HP Recommended

Hi @Vedmini,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I see that you have recently installed Windows and HP Simple Pass seemed to have worked until there was a recent update, I just wanted to check how did you install Windows? Is it a retail copy of Windows/using the recovery media from HP.

If you have installed a retail version, that could be one of the reasons why it's not working, I would suggest you try to perform a system recovery using the recovery media which you would have created soon after the purchase of the PC. If you don't have one you could order one by contacting our HP phone support. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @

HP Recommended

Hi @Vedmini,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you have installed 7 retail version of Windows, I'm afraid, I can help you once you're back on OEM, If you need assistance obtaining a recovery media, please Click here for the details.

Keep me posted,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.