Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-wd000 (7Q7M4AV)

Hello, I recently got an Omen 16 gaming laptop, Intel Core i7, RTX 4050, and I can't change my keyboard light. I got a message on Omen Light Studio saying, "Unfortunately, this device is not supported by OMEN Light Studio." Is there a way to fix it, or the light Studio does not work on this model?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

First of all edit your post and remove your serial number. 

If light studio is not being supported, try the lighting option in omen gaming hub.

open omen gaming hub. click on "omen 16" on the left side menu. select lighting. select static mode, select keyboard zone and colour if it has multi zone keyboard or simply colour if it is single zone.

if the above doesn't work, uninstall omen gaming hub and light studio. restart laptop. goto the support page for your laptop and download the omen gaming sdk package from there. install it. try installing light studio from omen gaming hub. if that fails again, try the normal lighting option.

Just someone interested in computers, error, bugs,etc.
HP Recommended

Just checking. Did your issue get resolved? If not please try to share the screenshot of the following:

1. The error message you are getting

2. Screenshot of omen gaming hub with the "omen 16" tab expanded (and/or the lighting menu selected if available)

If the issue was resolved please select the previous response as "accept as solution"

HP Recommended

Thanks for your quick response. I tried the suggestions, but it still doesn't work. There is no lighting option in the "Omen 16"

18.03.2024_21.22.38_REC.pngWeChat Image_20240318212741.jpg

HP Recommended

Is your default keyboard light white? There is an indication from certain posts that omens which have default white keyboard backlight don't support changing keyboard lights. The ones which support 4 zone rgb have 4 zoned colours by default.

You should probably contact hp support. I checked all the manuals, part lists and product specs for your laptop and you are supposed to have a 4 zone rgb lighting. I found a few problems on the internet with similar issues (for some it was a bug, for some the product spec sheet for their laptop was wrong).

However, I found a hp omen 16 2023 review online which said rtx 4050 models didn't have light control in omen hub and only rtx 4060 or above had them.

Its frustrating because the product spec sheet clearly mentions 4 zone rgb and even if its not 4 zone you should be able to atleast change the colour of the whole keyboard.

Anyway still contact hp support directly they would probably be able to help.

EDIT: Found a reddit post : HP Omen 16 cannot use omen light studio : r/HPOmen (reddit.com)

Also: HP PartSurfer  goto this site, put your laptop serial number and check what the keyboard type says. ( if its only backlit you cant change the colour, if its rgb you need to consult hp support

HP Recommended

Yes my default keyboard light is white. I also checked with the link you provided and it's only backlight-white. I guess that explains it. Thanks for your help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.