Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi . I am using my x360 pavilion convertible for last 3 years. Windows 10 is installed. 

Everything was going normal.  But recently i feel these issues.

• It does not switch to tablet mode automatically  when i fold it to 360 deg or in tent mode.
  • On screen keyboard does not appear in tab mode.
  • Physical keyboard/touchpad still takes input from keys in tablet mode and mouse pointer moves randomly 
  • When i rotate my screen to portrait its  Orientation does not change 

Regards 

Touqeer
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Alex802,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your HP x360 Pavilion laptop is not displaying the on-screen keyboard in tablet mode, there are a few things you can try to resolve the issue.

• Make sure tablet mode is enabled: Swipe in from the right edge of the screen and select "Tablet mode" to enable it. If it's already enabled, try disabling and re-enabling it.
  • Check the keyboard settings: Go to Settings > Devices > Typing and make sure the option for "Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there's no keyboard attached to your device" is turned on.
  • Restart the laptop: Sometimes a simple restart can solve the problem.
  • Update drivers: Go to Device Manager and check if there are any updates for the keyboard drivers. If there are, install them and restart the laptop.
  • Reset Windows: If none of the above solutions work, you can try resetting Windows to its default settings. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Reset this PC > Get started and choose the option to keep your files. Note that this will remove all installed programs and settings, so make sure to back up any important data before resetting.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.