Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion DV6700
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Having upgraded to Windows 10, I have 2 Base System Device issues, which I hope someome recognises!

First is PCI Bus 7, Device 9, Function 2 and the other is PCI Bus 7, device 9, function 3.

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this driver for that device...

This package contains the driver for the Ricoh 5-in-1 Card Reader for the supported notebook models and operating systems.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software9/COL19729/ob-55777-1/sp37726.exe

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this driver for that device...

This package contains the driver for the Ricoh 5-in-1 Card Reader for the supported notebook models and operating systems.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software9/COL19729/ob-55777-1/sp37726.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks, That took car of my issue with a missing driver since I went to windows 10 home 64bit!  I have done a lot of major updates to this HP DV9500 or more precise HP Dv9535nr, And, Thought I would share this info for anyone else trying, Or, Thinking about upgrading there HP DV9500?? 

I bought this laptop from my son-in-law some years ago and when it started to become outdated I decided to see what modifications I could do successfully and maybe get a few more years of service out it it? Its been a good PC and he had purchased all the options for it when he bought it new. The TV Tuner card and well, just everything! (o;

HP web site said I could only run 2GB of ram?  and I figured at first I might have to go with a NEW Lap-top !  But, After reading in this forum and some others I found that users where putting 4GB of ram and it was working!!! So hear is what I did, starting about 4 years ago, I got a new battery! Then I took it all apart and dug in! this DV9500 came with 2GB RAM, A Centrino duo CPU, @ 1800GHz  2 230GB HDD drives the DVD Burning ROM with the etching software etc. 

I got a lightly used Intel duo Core CPU @ 2500MHz and I upgraded to 4GB or DDR II RAM at 667MHz! What a difference!!! But, I could not stop there! I got a 1TB HDD @ 7500 RPM @ 6gbs transfer speed! for data, and I got a 250GB SSD drive for the OS and the C: Drive! I thought I had bought a NEW Lap-top! It booted up all the way from power off in about 42 seconds! I had Vista OS @ 32bit! I got in on the free upgrade from MS to get Windows 10 Home! But it would not let me change it to 64bit! So, We go up to about 4 weeks ago and to today!

I saw in here that some one was able to run 8GB of RAM? Got me thinking! I went for it, I ordered 2 4GB RAM chips DDR2 at a faster speed but it will just go as fast as the chip set will allow! That's OK, It said if I had the PM965 chip set it "Might" work? I went for it! I had the OS registered with MS and they said if I was willing to wipe the C:\ drive? and reload they had a disk that I downloaded and burned to CD that lets you reinstall windows 10 @ 64bit!! That worked like a champ! Coming from MS that is saying something, And it was still FREE!!!  It did back up all my C: drive stuff to a folder called "Windows old" So, It was easy to get most of my stuff back, I also did a complete back-up of the C:\ drive! And the rest of it? I wanted to re-install to get the 64bit version! everything is working GREAT!!! I installed the 8GB RAM chips of 2 X 4GB Turned on the Lap-top and it saw it and booted right up!!!  So after installing these drivers for the memory stick controller, everything is working great! I ordered some TV software for the TV card and it works great! Its called "WinTV v8" I think it was about $12.00 dollars ?  (o;  Now it boots up in less then 20 seconds! to ready to use!  So anyone thinking about doing this stuff? To get some more good years out of a really good HP Lap-Top? Go For IT!!! It will all work!!! 

The only thing that is a bummer is you can not upgrade the Video Card! It is not part of the system board and it can be removed! but I have not found anyone that makes a better one, or an upgrade! If anyone knows or finds one please let me know!  For now it works great and is very fast! good as a new one for sure, I just have to set the video to the low settings to play high end games! I am going to try the thing that lets you use and external PCIe Video card! They say like a GeForce 760 ti works great? In my case I will just loose the wireless card!! But I can use the LAN cable at home and its faster then Wireless anyway! I will let everyone know how this deal works out? They have them for sale on eBay and Amazon!!! They are under $50.00 Dollars!  But you have to supply the Video Card!  you can get a GTX 760ti for less then $100.00 on eBay if you need one?  Well, that's it! It all works!! And it is a very low upgrade if you don't have the money to buy a NEW Lap-Top!  I will keep you all posted and If you have any questions, Just let me know and I will do my best to help you out..  I will say when I do buy a NEW Lap-Top?  Its going to be an HP!!!  Very happy!!!  Smocken Fast!!!   LOL!!  (o;    Thanks for reading and I hope its helps someone out..  I will work!!!   Rick...  

Merlin289
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Rick.

Nice writeup.

I will add that if you have the latest BIOS installed (or at least close to it), you can upgrade to the T9500 processor.

https://ark.intel.com/products/33918/Intel-Core-2-Duo-Processor-T9500-6M-Cache-2-60-GHz-800-MHz-FSB-

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.