Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp notebook 15-ay103na
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I got a new laptop for xmas and I'm pulling my hair out.

every click is so slow. It is slow both just on the notebook and when on the nternet. On the internet it usually comes up with an error message before then finding the page, but each click is taking no several minutes.

also, I bought a care package with it, but can't find an easy way to access this support. The website sends me round in circles. 

Im assuming i need to talk to them, but how, I'm in the U.K. Starting to wish I'd just shopped at John Lewis!

Any advice welcome!

chrisgib 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Chrisgib

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is running very slow.

I’d love to help!

Follow the steps in the below document to fix the performance.

http://hp.care/2bMqwZD

Follow below steps to contact phone support.

Step 1. Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Let me know how it works and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Chrisgib

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is running very slow.

I’d love to help!

Follow the steps in the below document to fix the performance.

http://hp.care/2bMqwZD

Follow below steps to contact phone support.

Step 1. Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Let me know how it works and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. I did contact HP support (online chat) and they discovered that my installation of Bull dog anti-virus software had, ironically, brought in a virus!

Anyway - long story made short - they've fixed it and I've installed Macafee live safe - which also didn't go smoothly - so Macafee have fixed that for me tonight.

So, for now - I think we're good!

Thanks for your help.

Chrisgib.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.