Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

Hope you’re well and hope someone can help me!

I recently purchased a new HP laptop and need to print a few documents and PDFs, I’ve noticed there is no option to select ‘Actual Size’ when printing – it’s as if some of the printer settings are missing. It’s not an issue with the printer as my previous laptop (also HP) worked with my current printer (also HP) and I was able to select ‘Actual Size’ when printing.

I design product labels and need to print them in the actual size they have been designed in for proofing, before they then get sent to bulk production. The only options I have now are ‘Fit to Page Width’ or ‘Scale’ - I’ve been searching high and low, tried everything, this was usually housed in advanced settings on my previous laptop – but it doesn’t seem there's an advanced settings option.

I am using a HP 15s-fq5020na operating on Windows 11. All software is up to date. I have even downloaded the HP smart app on my desktop and tried to see if I could print directly from there, I can but again there is no ‘actual size’ button. I’ve also uninstalled and then reinstalled the printer, no luck.

I’m unsure if this function is just no longer available with my new laptop? But that seems a bit strange!

If anyone has any suggestions or has fixed this issue, please help!

Best wishes,

Andrew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, 

I had this issue before and it worked for me by using Adobe Acrobat Reader on your machine and then print it from there if you are not already. The actual size option is under the Page Sizing and Handling option in the printing page.

If you have not downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader already here is the download link: https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/ 

Hope this helps. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, 

I had this issue before and it worked for me by using Adobe Acrobat Reader on your machine and then print it from there if you are not already. The actual size option is under the Page Sizing and Handling option in the printing page.

If you have not downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader already here is the download link: https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/ 

Hope this helps. 🙂

HP Recommended

Absolute legend! This has worked. Can’t thank you enough. Have a great evening.

HP Recommended

Thanks, glad it helped. Have a nice evening.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.