Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP15 ac179tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought an HP15 ac179tx laptop which comes with freeDOS. I have installed windows 10 and all the drivers that are given on the HP website. The hotkeys for controlling the brightness, volume etc. are not working even after installing all the drivers. I have even tried some drivers that were suggested in hp forum for the same problem for other laptops. They dont seem to work.. Pls help.. Thanks..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @SG50,

Welcome to HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand that the hotkeys does not work on your laptop in Windows 10. Here is a link of the drivers for your model in Windows 10: http://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-ac100-Notebook-PC-series/8499326/model/9329831

Please download the HP System Event Utility under Software-Solutions, and install it on your laptop to test if it works.

The Windows 10 you installed is a copy of retail version, you can also contact Microsoft for the issue.

Let me know how it goes.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @SG50,

Welcome to HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand that the hotkeys does not work on your laptop in Windows 10. Here is a link of the drivers for your model in Windows 10: http://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-ac100-Notebook-PC-series/8499326/model/9329831

Please download the HP System Event Utility under Software-Solutions, and install it on your laptop to test if it works.

The Windows 10 you installed is a copy of retail version, you can also contact Microsoft for the issue.

Let me know how it goes.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Hi @SDJL, The hot keys are working after I installed the HP system event utility. I had issues in installing the software at first and my PC was restarting in the beginning. The installation worked after two trials. I ran the installation later with Windows XP compatibility. I am not sure if that is what fixed the issue finally. Thanks,
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.