Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 17.3 inch Laptop PC 17-cw0000 (761Y9AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

My notebook HP Envy Laptop 17 has the problem of autoscrolling from the first start (in January 2024). All pages that I open are automatically scrolled down to the end. The same problem is present in the menus. Again and again they scroll to the end and I can't stop it.
The notebook has already been sent to HP for repair. The information from the HP service was that all problems were fixed. It's not like that. The notebook was 2 weeks on the road and came back with the same error.
I have run all bugfixes that there are on the net. All without a change.
To me, it looks more like a hardware error than a software problem.
Does anyone else have the same problem? How can I fix this?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @ruedi_nbg ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand your frustration with the persistent auto-scrolling issue on your HP Envy 17. It's concerning that the problem persists after HP service and you've tried online solutions. 

Here are some steps you can take:

1. Check for Hardware Issues: While it's less common, there could be a hardware issue with your touchpad or keyboard causing the scrolling. HP has diagnostic tools you can use to check for hardware problems. Refer to your HP Envy manual or HP's website for specific instructions on how to run these diagnostics on your model.

2. Update Touchpad Driver: An outdated or faulty touchpad driver can also cause erratic scrolling. Try updating the touchpad driver. Here's how:

• Go to Start and search for Device Manager.
  • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
  • Right-click on your touchpad device and select Update driver.
  • Choose "Search automatically for updated driver software".
  • If Windows doesn't find an update, you can download the latest driver from HP's support website for your HP Envy 17 model.  Software and Drivers for HP ENVY Notebook - 15-ae104ne

3. Disable Touchpad Gestures: If the problem seems to be related to touchpad gestures, try temporarily disabling them to see if it resolves the issue. Here's how:

• Go to Settings > Bluetooth & devices.
  • Click on Touchpad.
  • Under Touch gestures, toggle off the switches for the gestures you want to disable (e.g., two-finger scrolling).

Refer to this document:  HP ENVY Notebook - 15-ae104ne User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.