Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-ab045sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, so I hope I posted in the correct place.

My product: HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab045sa (ENERGY STAR)

I have all the usual touchpad gestures working (three finger swipe etc).  However, the recent AU introduced a new gesture to switch virtual desktops. I was really looking forward for this update but this gesture doesn't work! I tried reinstalling the AU update with erasing everything and it still doesn't work!

I don't get why it doesn't work as I have a precision touchpad and all the other gestures work except for this new one! Also even though the some gestures work (eg three finger flick), I dont think Win 10 recognises the precision touchpad as under Mouse & Trackpad settings it doesn't say that I have a precision touchpad and so doesn't give me options to alter what the gestures do, like it should.

I have the  Synaptics SMBus TouchPad driver 19.2.11.38 (21/07/2016).

Would really appreciate your help as I was really looking forward for the new gesture to switch virtual desktops.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Just got an update via windows update that updated Synaptics to version 19.3.11.37 - this finally allowed me to have the 4 finger flick to switch virtual desktops!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi! @RR111, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand touchpad Gestures are not Working on your laptop.

It looks like you using an older version of touchpad driver on your laptop.

Please update the Synaptics TouchPad Driver to Version 19.0.12.97 Rev.B.

Please find the link to update touchpad drivers: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72875.exe

Please refer the document about using the touchpad in windows 10 for more information.

Link: http://hp.care/2cqlt1f

Please let me know the outcome.

Cheers!:)

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Nope it didn't work. 

In fact when I tried to download the drivers you linked, the setup said that I am installing older drivers. If you look at the version numbers the one you linked is older in that respect too.

HP Recommended

Hi! @RR111, Thanks for the response.

As you mentioned that issue still persists.

Please try the following steps.

Click start type regedit in the search box.

Registry editor will open.

Go  to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Install
Note this is LOCAL MACHINE, not CURRENT USER.
Look for a key in that Install folder called DeleteUserSettingsOnUpgrade
Double click and change the value to 0
Now go back to the Synaptics control panel, set everything how you like, and reboot

Let me know if this helps!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, that didn't work either. I had the same options in Synaptic settings (there was no 4 finger flick option to switch desktops).

Any thing else I can do?

HP Recommended

Hey there! @RR111, thanks for the response,

Please try few steps recommended below.

Open windows Control Panel, open Mouse, click the 'ClickPad Settings' tab and then click the 'ClickPad Settings' button.  Place a tick in the box next to 'Four-Finger Flick' and click the cog-wheels for access to the settings.  Click Apply to save any changes.

Please try and update the touchpad drivers using the link below.

Let me know how it goes!

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I told you there is no option for four finger flick.
HP Recommended

Hi! @RR111, thanks for the response.

As you mentioned you don't have an option for four finger flick.

I checked the specifications of your laptop and found that the touchpad on your laptop does not have capabilities of the gestures you want to use.

Please refer to the user guide for your laptop using the link below.

Link: http://hp.care/2dVFLnu

Please find other manuals for your laptop using the link below.

Link: http://hp.care/2dVG9T1

Let me know if you have any queries

Good day! Take care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Just got an update via windows update that updated Synaptics to version 19.3.11.37 - this finally allowed me to have the 4 finger flick to switch virtual desktops!

HP Recommended

But the switch direction is wrong and cannot be changed 😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.