Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Some one stole my Hp laptop can it be tracked by its serial number

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Very sad. Anyway, please try this:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4500828_privately-track-missing-laptop-computer.html

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Some one stole my Hp laptop can it be tracked by its serial number

HP Recommended

Use http://www.tracechecker.com/about_trace.php

Their database connects to law enforcement databases and you can also file your own reports with them to ensure that your not buying or selling stolen stuff. It's entirely free.  Services such as those mentioned on ehow are preventative only, but they do offer $1000 (some of them) for the return of your laptop.

I buy and fix laptops as a side business and this is the service I use to know what I'm buying. The $1000 rewards are nice to find.

You can also register your product with it prior to losing it for free. Then the day it gets stolen, just go and report it.  If you report it to law enforcement it should show up in their database too.

To get the serial number, you can contact the manufacturer if you registered it, or even the store you bought it from usually records the serial when you buy it and can trace every purchase made in their store via your credit card if you give them an approximate date. Every retailer can do this, though some managers might not know how.

HP Recommended
Oh yeah, the free software recommended at ehow is no longer being developed it seems. There are other free options out there.
HP Recommended

HP PROBOOK 4530S

2.1 GHZ C 13 SANDY 13 RIDGE

4GB RAM 320 GB HDD

DVD RW, WINDOW 7 ORIGINAL

CAM,WIFI,CR,BTHOOTH

S/# [Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended
hello bro....I have just lost my hp pro book laptop..it was locked by fingureprint...is it enough to make it secured??I did not install any tracking software...
but is it possible to track it by either mac address or product no or serial num.....
plz inform...
thanks in advance
HP Recommended

No serial number handy...any help?

HP Recommended

I lost my HP laptop.

Its very important in my life, unfortunately  I lost it while travelling,

is there any option to track it??

similar to apple laptop. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.