Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 840 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am trying to use HP Software Download Manger to update all the drivers for the Elitebook 840 G2 laptop.  However, it is taking more than an hour for just downloading CVA file.  It is still going and should I Cancel the job?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

It seems hung so you should cancel it. If it is stuck severely, just restart your PC.

What is your operating system, please confirm if it is Win 7 ?

If necessary, you can manually download and run the exe files to update your drivers. They can be taken from HP website >> http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=7343205

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick response.  It is Windows 7 professional 64 bit.  Yes. I have canceled it and now I am running the HP Softpaq downloading Managerment software.  It seems downloading and updating all the drivers for the laptop.  Will the softpaq do the trick to update all the drivers for the laptop?

HP Recommended

@Bannykitty wrote:

Will the softpaq do the trick to update all the drivers for the laptop?

Hi,

You can try and you will see - I am not sure if it will manage to update them all and if it will work for you.

Here is the official HP article about using the Softpad > http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02872738

If update is necessary, I would download them using the browser and the URL I posted above (initially). If all your drivers and PC is working fine now, there is no need of updating them.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Thanks.  The softpad was good and got most of the drivers updated even SSC...

HP Recommended

You are welcome !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.