Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 15-p189na
Windows XP

Hi

I have just purchased a Pavillion 15-p189sa from PC World.  The product supplied actually has suffix na rather than sa ie Pavillion 15-p189na on the box.  I cannot determine what the difference the suffix relates to from the HP website.  Please could you explain the difference.  Have I been sold a different specification item ie not what I thought I was purchasing or does the suffix relate to something else?

Regards

Wphil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I eventually got a response from PC World (UK) who had consulted with HP - 

The performance specification of Pavillion 15-p189sa is the same as Pavillion 15-p189na.  The latter 'na' part is the newer item and has a slightly different cosmetic appearance, it has a texture finish to the cover.

I'd say it's likely this would be the same for similar HP laptops from PC World at the moment.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

The following shows a list which may help. No official list anywhere and HP can introduce new codes anytime.

http://pubudufit.wordpress.com/2012/12/03/what-do-last-2-letters-mean-on-hp-notebook-computers/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks I found that but suffixes na and sa are not listed so no definitive answer.

Wphil

HP Recommended

Hi,

na used to be North America and sa is in the UK now I tink. As mentioned above, HP can change code anytime and HP can has thousands and thousands codes for a product line. For example HP 15,  you can see HP 15-annnaa where a is from a to z and n is from 0 to 9 and many more combinations.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I eventually got a response from PC World (UK) who had consulted with HP - 

The performance specification of Pavillion 15-p189sa is the same as Pavillion 15-p189na.  The latter 'na' part is the newer item and has a slightly different cosmetic appearance, it has a texture finish to the cover.

I'd say it's likely this would be the same for similar HP laptops from PC World at the moment.

HP Recommended

In case someone wants additional info:

Printers with factory-installed options have different model-numbers to denote the different options included and to differentiate a specific model from others in its series. These suffixes include:

• D for a duplexer, enabling automatic double-sided printing.
  • T for an additional paper-tray (enables two different paper types to be kept available, or in certain models, to load paper while the printer is printing). (Some D models, with no T suffix, had two trays built in, as did the LaserJet 500 Plus.)
  • S for a Paper Stacker, a device which increases the output bin capacity.
  • N for built-in, MIO or EIO slot JetDirect (network) card and usually also PostScript
  • W for built-in wireless network card
  • H for High-capacity (heavy-duty model, sometimes combined with M to indicate Heavy Media) or HP High-Performance Secure Hard Disk
  • L for Light (only 1 paper tray)
  • P for Personal, meant for "personal or small workgroup" use
  • ph+ for Paper handling (e.g. Stapler-stacker), or S/SL for stapler/stacker.
  • M for Macintosh (PostScript module and Mini DIN-8 serial port present); also extra memory to support PostScript (as in 4M/4M Plus)
  • V for 11-inch wide paper path, to support 8.5x11R and 11"x17" paper. (as in 4MV)
  • X for combination duplexing, networkable printer with additional tray. Replaced the DTN suffix.
    • Example: A LaserJet 4000X would come with a duplexer and a built in JetDirect card, as well as an extra paper tray.
  • E stands for HP ePrint.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.