Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ProBook 6450b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In english:

I have ProBook 6450b with processor i5 M480 @ 2,67GHz

I'm working on the battery and plug in the power supply when it is low on energy.

Power supply is original HP 19V DC 4,74A 90W max

When I exchanged system with win7 on win10  the trouble started.

When i connect power supply  decreases the frequency of the processor from 2,67GHz to 1,17 GHz.

In the power plan whem plugin power supply i set min on 100% and max on 100%

on battery min processor is 25%

When i change system to win7 processor working ok.

But when i change system to win 10 processor frequency turn down to 1,15 GHz

It takes about 15-30 min and returns to normal work with 2,67 GHz

Why is this happening?

In polish:

Mam probook 6450b z procesorem i5 M480 @ 2,67 GHz

Procuję na baterii i podłączam zasilacz wtedy gdy już mam mało energii.

Zasilacz jest oryginalny HP 19V DC 4,74A 90W max

Kiedy zmieniłem zaktualizowałem system z win7 do win10 zaczęły się problemy z zasilaniem.

Gdy podłaczam zasilacz to częstotliwośc procesora spada powoli do 1,15GHz.

W planie zasilania ustawiłem moc procesora min i max na 100% a na zaislaniu bateryjnym moc minimalną na 25%

Gdy zmieniłem system ponownie na win7 to procesor pracował prawidłowo i jego moc nie spadała po podłaczeniu zasilacza.

Ale kiedy ponownie zaktualizowałem system do win10 częstotliwość spada do 1,15 GHz

To trwa ok 15-30 minut i po tym czasie częstotliwość samoczynnie wzrasta do 2,67 GHz

Nie mogę znaleść przyczyny spadku mocy procesora. Próbowałem zabijać wszystkie zbędne procesy ale to nie pomaga. Zmiana ustawień planu zasilania też nic nie daje.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.