Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 new 13-w0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

If the lid on my computer is closed for a couple of hours or more, opening the lid DOES NOT bring the computer out of sleep mode. I'm assuming that it's in sleep as it wakes almost instantly but simply opening the lid should do that. If the lid has only been closed for a few minutes, it will start up if you open the lid.

I have another UltraBook running Windows 10 and you can raise the lid after a couple of days and the computer will come to life but on my new x360 I have to press the power button?

Power is set to sleep when the lid is closed.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Hi,

Try to change Lid close default options to Sleep instead of Hibernate: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/69762-lid-close-default-action-change-windows-10-a.html

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

Sorry, probably wasn't clear enough. The power option for close lid on battery is Sleep.

Now interesting follow up. This morning I opened the lid and the laptop powered up and I haven't changed anything? Weird maybe my laptop is reading my emails and fixing itself? 🙂

HP Recommended

After doing a lot of searching and messing with my new laptop, I've figured out what's is going on.

The question I had was why I have to press the power button in sleep mode, when raising the lid should start the laptop?

I had configured my laptop to sleep when the lid is closed. What would happen is that after the lid was closed all night, opening the lid wouldn't start up the laptop. I would have to press the power button. This wasn't a problem just a curiosity as the other ultrabook I have running Windows 10 will always start when you lift the lid, no matter how long it's been closed.

What I found was that if you select Sleep (NOT hibernate) on lid closure, after an extended period (a few hours) the computer switches to hibernate by itself, which requires use of the power button. You can find this out if you really dig into the advanced power settings but it's not intuitively obvious to the casual observer (as my Calculus teacher used to say).

Anyway problem solved and thanks for everyone's input.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.