Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP15
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When I have the address bar up and I'm looking for something on the internet or I'm playing a game suddenly my laptop changes it's size and I screw up a lot of things.  Does anyone know how to stop my page from shrinking or enlarging while I'm doing work on it?  Like, is there a lock in my computer somewhere that I can click on to stop my page from getting bigger or smaller?

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @ginnykins

Which browser are you using when this happens?

Usually, random clicks or touches in a browser are a result of an over sensitive Touchpad.

If you go to All Settings>Devices>Mouse & touchpad>Additional mouse options and choose the Clickpad Settings tab, click the ClickPad Settings button.

Under MultiFinger Gestures, uncheck Pinch Zoom. You  maight have to disable Two Finger Scrolling also.

Click OK, then OK again.

If that does not help, Go back and under Tapping, uncheck two, three and four finger tapping.

In the Settings dialog windows for Mouse and touchpad, you can change the Touchpad sensitivity drop down box to Long delay.

There used to be a Sensitivity Slider but Microsoft has done away with that in Windows 10 now. 😞

Let me know if this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @ginnykins

Which browser are you using when this happens?

Usually, random clicks or touches in a browser are a result of an over sensitive Touchpad.

If you go to All Settings>Devices>Mouse & touchpad>Additional mouse options and choose the Clickpad Settings tab, click the ClickPad Settings button.

Under MultiFinger Gestures, uncheck Pinch Zoom. You  maight have to disable Two Finger Scrolling also.

Click OK, then OK again.

If that does not help, Go back and under Tapping, uncheck two, three and four finger tapping.

In the Settings dialog windows for Mouse and touchpad, you can change the Touchpad sensitivity drop down box to Long delay.

There used to be a Sensitivity Slider but Microsoft has done away with that in Windows 10 now. 😞

Let me know if this helps.

HP Recommended

Thank you.  I just did it, so it may take some time to see any results.  That darn tab is so frustrating.  I'll be reading something and then suddenly it will jump to 400 or drop to 25.  Annoying thing!

Thank you for your helkp, I sure do appreciate it.

Ann Sage

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.