Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi,

please healp me to  format my compaq presario v3000 laptop.

Thank You

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Do you actually mean how to format the hard disk or how to perform a factory image recovery?

-erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
format the hard disk .
HP Recommended

If your intention is to install another Windows or other operating system, then be aware that formatting the hard disk can be done as part of the operating system installation process.

Which OS are you planning on installing?

-erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
actually my laptop is running very slow and also i got some unwanted file which i am not able to delete the reason i want to format my laptop
OS is windows Vista basic
HP Recommended

OK.

Do you have your recovery disk set?

If you do a recovery, then the hard disk will be repartitioned and formatted as part of the process. It is not necessary to do it seperately.

-erico

HP Recommended
I have taken my all important data in my external hard disc
HP Recommended
please guide me how to go further ?
HP Recommended

Hi,

It should be a straightforward process.  I have done it many times without  Put disk #1 in the dvd drive. Restart your notebook and tap the F9 key before it boots into Windows.  Choose the DVD drive as the first boot device and let the notebook boot up into the recovery manager.  Follow the prompts that are given onscreen.

-erico

HP Recommended

Please help me to format my Compaq presario V3000 model....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.