Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hp support solutions framework service running for days using very high cpu (85-100).  notebook very slow due to high cou usage by program.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @norm123,

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips. For you to have a rewarding experience, I would like to include the following link for your perusal and reference. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.  What is your product or model number? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? What operating system are you running? 

I grasp the HP Support Solution framework service has been running for days and your CPU usage is always between 85%-100%.  If you open Task Manager can you stop the process? You could also try a hard reset. HP Notebook PCs - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset. Please let me know the outcome.

Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution" to help other community members! To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the “Thumbs Up” below. 

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @norm123,

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips. For you to have a rewarding experience, I would like to include the following link for your perusal and reference. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.  What is your product or model number? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? What operating system are you running? 

I grasp the HP Support Solution framework service has been running for days and your CPU usage is always between 85%-100%.  If you open Task Manager can you stop the process? You could also try a hard reset. HP Notebook PCs - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset. Please let me know the outcome.

Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution" to help other community members! To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the “Thumbs Up” below. 

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.  I did terminate the task using task manager.  Do you have any info as to why the task was in a hard loop?

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.  I terminated the program using task manager.  Do you have any info as to why the program was locked in a hard loop?

HP Recommended

Hi @norm123,

Thank you for letting me know that worked for you.  I cannot say why that happened, but if it should happen again you know how to fix it. If it happens frequently let me know.  

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

mine has been using 59-60% since a minor windows 10 update. Another blog recommended HP Support assistant and HP Support Solutions Framework, then reload the former. Should this be done?

HP Recommended

mine has been using 59-60% since a minor windows 10 update.

Another blog recommended HP Support assistant and HP Support Solutions Framework, then reload the former. Should this be done?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.