Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv4 1204tu
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

sir/mam i download and install the 

Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver

2.1.0.2 Rev. A

from your website 

File name:

sp45217.exe

after installation it says you have to restart your computer then doesn't happen any thing

please tell me what to do

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @INFERNO1

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to use the fingerprint sensor on your computer.

I’d love to help!

You need to download and install the Simplepass software on your computer to use the fingerprint sensor.

Download and install the Simple Pass software from the below link.

sp71729 HP SimplePass V8.01.46A W7-W10 32/64bit

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @INFERNO1

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to use the fingerprint sensor on your computer.

I’d love to help!

You need to download and install the Simplepass software on your computer to use the fingerprint sensor.

Download and install the Simple Pass software from the below link.

sp71729 HP SimplePass V8.01.46A W7-W10 32/64bit

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

as you predict me,i try to download this setup but didn't  complete download says network error and i need a 32bit setup you send me a link of 64bit setup

HP Recommended

Hi @INFERNO1

Thank you for posting back.

The link which I have sent you is for both 32 and 64 bit. I recommend you to try using a different browser if you are having issues downloading the software.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

after downloading and  i installed your providded setup it works as a gate pass and this shows a biometric devices and also  in user accounts when i access it it shows that you did not have any connected biometric device what does it mean plz tell me

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.