Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 6 (4,536 Views)

i have a hp pavilion g7, how do i burn a dvd? or can the pavilion g7 burn a dvd?

i have a hp pavilion g7,  how do i burn a dvd? or can the pavilion g7 burn a dvd?

Provost
Message 2 of 6 (4,530 Views)

Re: i have a hp pavilion g7, how do i burn a dvd? or can the pavilion g7 burn a dvd?

Hi,

g7 is a series of many models but I believe all of them can burn DVD. Do you want to burn DVD movie which can be played on ANY DVD player or just a DVD ? The machine should come with a software but if by some reasons you could not find it please use the following free software:

http://www.imgburn.com/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Student
Message 3 of 6 (4,323 Views)

Re: i have a hp pavilion g7, how do i burn a dvd? or can the pavilion g7 burn a dvd?

does hp pavilion g7 584037-001 have a cd burner ?

Distinguished Professor
Message 4 of 6 (4,316 Views)

Hello tom013,

I understand that you are looking for the specs for your laptop.

Your computer does have a cd burner.

Here is a link to your product specs.

Student
Message 5 of 6 (231 Views)

How do you burn a CD from a tape?

Associate Dean
Message 6 of 6 (225 Views)

Bobee

Depends on the format you want the DVD to take.

IF all you want to do is copy files and folders to the DVD, then you would first copy those from the tape device onto your hard drive and then use a DVD burning app to write those same to the DVD.

If you wanted a DVD that then would play in standard DVD players, that's a lot more complicated because you then have to organize the data into the folder hierarchy that commercial DVDs require.  And that requires special DVD authoring software to do.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation