Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

my laptop au117tx is around 1 month old and it lags and there are major frame drops when i unplug it from charging cable please help me to fix it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @james222424

Thank you for posting back.

You may try the below steps, as even if the game is compatible with your system hardware it may have a slow performance because you are using the windows 10. As the operating system uses most of the CPU & graphics card usage, you might want to reduce the visual effects for windows to save the amount of CPU & Graphics card usage required to run your game properly.

Here's how you do it:

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings.
  • Type performance > choose Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows. 
  • In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance.
  • click Apply and ok...this should do the trick.

I would also want you to download the graphics card driver from the manufacturer website and install it.

Let me know how it goes!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Good luck!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @james222424

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that there is a lag when you unplug the charger.

I’d love to help!

Follow the steps in the below link to fix this issue.

http://hp.care/2bMqwZD

Let me know how it goes and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i cant see my solution mentioned in that page please help

HP Recommended

it doesnt lags in normal tasking but it lags while gamming

HP Recommended

Hi @james222424

Let me know what game are you playing and the operating system so that I can assist you better.

Awaiting your reply.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

it lags in almost all mid level graphics game such as gta5 and cs go. Currently I am usnig win 10 operating system.

HP Recommended

Hi @james222424

You may try the below steps, as even if the game is compatible with your system hardware it may have a slow performance because you are using the windows 10. As the operating system uses most of the CPU & graphics card usage, you might want to reduce the visual effects for windows to save the amount of CPU & Graphics card usage required to run your game properly.

Here's how you do it:

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings.
  • Type performance > choose Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows. 
  • In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance.
  • click Apply and ok...this should do the trick.

I would also want you to download the graphics card driver from the manufacturer website and install it.

Let me know how it goes!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Good luck!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.