Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (113 Views)

laptop plugged in - battery not charging

Product Name: HPg62-400 CTO
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

since updating from windows7 64bit to windows 10 64 bit my battery is no longer charging.  Need help as not that experienced in finding an answer

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (86 Views)

Re: laptop plugged in - battery not charging

Hi @Skizicks,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out Smiley Happy

I see from the post that you are having charging issues on your HP laptop after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Don't worry as I  have a few steps which should help you to resolve the issue.

Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%.

Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager,

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

Also, Go through them all and let me know what you have determined is causing the issue. The first document has the most relevant troubleshooting if your battery appears to be not charging.

Also, Go through them all and let me know what you have determined is causing the issue. The first document has the most relevant troubleshooting if your battery appears to be not charging.

I would suggest please update the BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Biswajeet
I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (74 Views)

Thank you for answering my post.  I will try your method later today.  and will reply back.  My battery has been at 0% for months.  Haven't been using it till last week.  I do have the support assistant and use the functions.  It can't find my battery.  It is possible that I need a new battery

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (55 Views)

Hi @Skizicks,

Thank you for the replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Biswajeet
I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation