Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Probook 4540s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

I tried to update to W10 and failed with OXC 1900200 which suggests a compatibility issue. It is unclear on the HP website if this model supports W10 - 

HP has not tested your PC model for upgrade to Windows 10.

If your Windows 7 or 8 PC was manufactured before August 2013 or is running Windows XP or Windows Vista, HP cannot confirm it can be upgraded to Windows 10. 

Can anybody offer an advice if the 4540S supports the W10 upgrade and if so any advice on what may be causing the error.

Thanks

John

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello John,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.

Based on the information >here< , HP has released Windows 10 drivers. Therefore, Windows 10 should be supported on Probook 4540s - Windows 10 x64 only , not x32 bit edition.

If you now use x32 bit edition of Windows, you cannot perform inplace free upgrade to x64 Windows - the free Win 10 licence Microsoft offers now until the end of July. If you now have x32 edition of Win 7 (for example), you can install Windows 10 x64 edition (clean install) - paid license, no free MS upgrade.

Personally, I have never encountered the error you mention now  1900200. However, there are some general recommended one should follow prior to upgrading to Windows 10 (e.g. update your drivers, remove security software, etc. ) . Here they are >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04730900

Some other general steps >> http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA6-2538ENW.pdf

Let me know how this goes. If my post helped you, please use the button to mark it as an accepted solution.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Many thanks I'll try this and let you know how it goes. 

Regards

John

HP Recommended

Try uninstalling the HP Security Software.
I think they are around 5 of them like "File Encryption"
Some of us call this "bloatware" but...

I also did BIOS

I made my life easier by doing "Media Creation Tool" and then made ISO.

HP Recommended

Thanks Phillip. Do you know the version of BIOS that is needed to support W10? I used the Hp Support Assistant and it advised I had no updates.

I'm on UEFI: HewlettPackard
68IRR Ver. F.60 01/15/2015 

I can see in the HP Drivers & Software this version below, which appears to be later, is this required for W10?

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (American, International)

F.61 Rev.A
10 May 2016

My version appears to be the previous version to this. 

Thanks

John

HP Recommended

HP ProtectTools is the correct naming.

Drive Encryption, Privacy Manager, HP Disk Sanitizer, File ...

HP Recommended

The BIOS version you have should be fine.
You can look at the details, it will share the ixes / corrections.

Nope the BIOS will not STOP the Upgrade.
It is software incompatibilities that is causing the issues.

I had a PC doing the same, I then did a fresh test installation on a New Hard Drive = all went OK.
I then put old drive back, remove all "bloatware" and then the Upgrade Worked.

I have a problem with Cyberlink Power Director, hense me on the forum.

Let us know...

HP Recommended

Hi

I've looked at the >here< and I can't see any that are specified as W10 drivers? Am I missing something?

Thanks

John

HP Recommended

Hi John

Have you followed the recommendation to removed the "HP Protect Tols"?
Have you downloaded from Microsoft and created the ISO for your PC?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

Do not worry about HP Drivers for Win10.
Windows 10 have them all build-in, I my option.

I have upgraded around 5 PC's (Desktops & Notebooks) this week.
They all worked fine with my ISO DVD.

HP Recommended

Hi

I'm going to do a clean install of W10. I've used the media creation tool to create a USB and plan to do this before the cutoff date.

Many thanks to all for the advise. I'll let you know how it goes!!

Thanks & Regards

John

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.