Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop PC - 15-ax03
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought an omen laptop and wondered if i could customize the keyboard in anyway. I found the OMEN control software for windows 8. i was just wondering if that software is still a thing and if i could get a download because my laptop did not come with it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This is what you need. It will install the Omen Control Center software.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70894.exe

I have advised HP about the lack of it on the download section of your notebook's support portal. Hopefully, they will correct that soon.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You should be able to install the driver for the Omen Control software from within the HP Recovery Manager or by booting to the recovery flash drive.

While logged into Windows type HP Recovery into the search box. You should see an icon for HP Recovery Manager appear above. Click on it to invoke the Recovery Manager.

In the Recovery Manager, there is a section called install drivers and software. That is where you will find the Omen  Control Software.

Have you made the USB Recovery flash drive yet?   That is an extremely important part of the ownership of your HP Gaming notebook.

The Recovery flash drive is your copy of the operating system and all required drivers and software that was delivered with the notebook.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

i just looked into the recovery manager and there is no omen control panel in the drivers and applications list.

HP Recommended

This is what you need. It will install the Omen Control Center software.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70894.exe

I have advised HP about the lack of it on the download section of your notebook's support portal. Hopefully, they will correct that soon.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.