Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 15-ee0504na
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi

I have been using my touchscreen perfectly for a couple of years until suddenly it became unresponsive.  I have followed every tutorial, disabled and re-enabled the driver.  I have uninstalled it and reinstalled. re-booted, used all the diagnostics available to man, but still there is no sign of the pen or touchscreen on the device manager.  At times the old drivers reappear in the "hidden" bit as ghosts i.e. they are greyed out.  Currently they are not even in the hidden bit.  Tearing my hair out here after 2 days of trying to sort it.  Any help gratefully received.  HP envy 360 15-ee0504na is the model. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Gwallgofi,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've already tried a lot of troubleshooting steps, so let's see if we can pinpoint the issue. Here are a few additional steps you could try.

• Hardware Check: Make sure there are no physical obstructions on the touchscreen and that it's clean. Sometimes dirt or debris can interfere with the touch sensitivity.
  • BIOS Update: Check if there's a BIOS update available for your HP Envy 360. Sometimes firmware updates can address hardware issues.
  • System Restore: If the issue started recently, you could try performing a system restore to a point before the problem began. This might undo any changes that could have caused the touchscreen to stop working.
  • External Factors: Have you recently installed any new software or updates? Sometimes conflicts with software can cause hardware issues. Try uninstalling any recently installed programs or updates.
  • Hardware Issue: If none of the above steps work, it's possible there's a hardware problem with the touchscreen or the connections inside your laptop.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

I am beginning to think this may be a hardware problem but I am unable to test this as the touchscreen test does not show up as an option in the component tests.  Do you have any ideas how to access this test please

Thanks so much for your help

HP Recommended

This is the message I get when I click on "Properties" of the HID driver:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

A request for the HID descriptor failed.

HP Recommended

Did the touchscreen work in BIOS in any instance? If no, it's mostly a hardware issue. 

contact HP Support for repair options.

I suggest you try these too

Try the HP PC hardware diagnostics application in Windows.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp152501-153000/sp152895.exe 

refer: https://support.hp.com/in-en/help/hp-pc-hardware-diagnostics

You could try reinstalling the OS using HP Cloud Recovery Tool -> download from Microsoft Store.

You would need a minimum of 32 GB USB Stick.

This is the end of the list of troubleshooting options, including the ones you've tried.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.