Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ba016na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just purchased a Pavilion 15-ba016na, and the graphics are not working properly. I have the "Radeon Setting" option but when I choose to change them, I get the error message that "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for you AMD hardware." 

I have tried uninstalling the adaptor (after booting to Safe Mode) and letting Windows rediscover and download the latest driver, but that didn't solve it, and neither did downloading the latest driver from the HP website. Is there anything else I should try?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I had tried the AMD auto-detect tool, which didn't detect anything, nor did downloading the AMD Radeon package and trying to install the drivers there.

What did work was using Device Manager in a non-safe-mode Windows session and then rescanning for hardware (using Device Manager). After waiting for the driver to download and install, it worked. I'm not sure why as it's exactly the same driver as I tried downloading and installing from HP and from AMD. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @geejaytee

Thanks for your interest in HP Forums, I see you are facing an issue with your computer not responding correctly with AMD graphics card. Kudos to you for trying to update the driver through Windows and HP Website. I would like to help you from here. 

Since you have mentioned that the driver provided by Windows and HP Website is not responding correctly. Recommend you to visit AMD website and download the driver directly from AMD and check if it helps. 

If this does not help, you can use the original driver that was included with the computer using HP Recovery manager, click here for assistance. 

To check for driver updates, I recommend you to use HP Support Assistant. Click here to know more. 

Let me know if this helped or if you need any further assistance. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had tried the AMD auto-detect tool, which didn't detect anything, nor did downloading the AMD Radeon package and trying to install the drivers there.

What did work was using Device Manager in a non-safe-mode Windows session and then rescanning for hardware (using Device Manager). After waiting for the driver to download and install, it worked. I'm not sure why as it's exactly the same driver as I tried downloading and installing from HP and from AMD. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, glad to see that you got the issue resolved by installing the driver in safe mode, kudos to you. 

Even I am not sure why you were not able to install the driver in the regular boot, recommend you wait for a new driver to be released which could provide more stability. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.