Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hello 

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB, and an integrated ATI Mobility Radeon HD4250
FROM I only see that ATI Mobility Radeon HD4250 has 4200 sees the other has a standard vga.

recovery after restoration, blue screen of death occurs after some time

it works well, if only the hd4250 driver is above the other standard VGA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Notebook model and product number? what operating system? 32 / 64 bit?

Knowledge is power, sharing knowledge is powerful!

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Hi,

Notebook model and product number? what operating system? 32 / 64 bit?

Knowledge is power, sharing knowledge is powerful!

Hy 

HP G62-[Personal Information Removed] serial

windows 7 64bit professional

HP Recommended

Hi

not solved yet

HP Recommended

Hey kopogo, 

I'm sorry you're running into this issue. 

I'll need the minidump file to see what is causing the blue screen. Navigate to C:\Windows\minidump. You'll need to upload the most recent .dmp file to a third party site, (like sendspace.com or filedump.net, or another site like those) since the HP forums do not allow this type of file upload. Just provide me with a link to which ever site you choose so that I can take a look at the .dmp file.

If you have any questions about that, just let me know! I'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi

1.pictures

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/130402/10335707481_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/130402/4370829842_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

If Windows \ system32 \ drivers directory on the file I change atikmdag.sys from the web then there is no blue screen with the resolution 1024 * 768 is not only 1367 *

HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back to me!

The error is referencing ATI. You need to make sure you have the proper HP ATI driver and the latest version of that driver. In order to provide you with that, I'll need your product number. Unfortunately G62 is not specific enough. Press FN + ESC on the keyboard to bring up a window that will show your product number. Be sure not to share the serial number as that is private information, just the product number is needed.

Here are the steps to find your product number in case FN + ESC does not work. Let me know if you have any questions about finding your product number.

HP Recommended

hp g62 b60sh

XF434EA#AKC

HP Recommended

Here are the latest Graphics and BIOS drivers for your model.

AMD HD Graphics Driver version 8.812.1.3000 (sp53234)

BIOS version F.2B (sp55657)

Download and install those drivers and use your computer normally for a while or however long it usually takes for the blue screen to appear. Let me know if it reoccurs. There are a few different driver versions listed for this particular model, so it may take a couple of tries to get the right combination. 

HP Recommended

tested

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.