Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15-ab219TX 15.6 laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

spots.jpg

I am seriously shocked folks. Shelved out 50k INR for the HP 15-ab219TX 15.6-inch Laptop in March 2016, and gifted to my wife. It's very carefully and lightly used (as I already have an office laptop). But few days back I noticed a bright reflection at bottom of the monitor, I thought it was a reflection from the light source on opposite wall, but the spot remained at all angles and even on switching off the room light. I then noticed another black spot at bottom right corner of screen. I took some pics, but they do not really show the spots as clearly as I phycically see them.

I talked to HP support and the support lady asked for pics from BIOS screen which I sent. After seeing them she said these are pixel issues, sent me a link and said my warrantly doesn't cover them. 

This is so bad HP. Having this quality issue within 6months of light use itself is shocking, and then you even disown the flaw. Your documents says its OK to have such spots. What kind of a manufacturer are you?

What should I do now, really disturbed.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Dchucks

I would say that those are "Press Marks" from the keyboard or something is pressing on the LCD from inside the lid.

REO

HP Recommended

Indeed both the spots appear to come from the backside, but the Bright spot is very annoying because it seems that some layer of the LCP go peeled off from inside making the LED or any other display source visible from inside. The laptop is very new and I see no protrusion or dent in the cover nor the any of the keys on keyoboard show any displacement. Its quite possible that the monitor was already defective and the defect manifested in 6 months. Whatever the cause, it shows poor quality of the LCD and HP should cover its replacement within warranty period.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.