Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 17.3 inch Laptop PC 17-cp0000 (2Q7W8AV)

Hello,

I would like to simply use two larger external displays on this laptop.  I'm not looking to run 2 external monitors and use the laptop display as well.  Only just to extend the laptop screen one to one larger monitor and a 2nd one.  The laptop will simply run behind to two larger displays.  I don't believe the existing graphics card will allow this and I don't know if it can be upgraded to accommodate.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The graphics adapter is an integral part of the motherboard and cannot be upgraded.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info, a bit disappointing.  I should've researched this a bit more prior to my purchase.  Lesson learned for the next one, thanks again. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There are no consumer class notebooks made by any manufacturer nowadays that have removable/upgradable graphics cards.

If you want to have a notebook where you can upgrade the graphics, you will have to buy an expensive business mobile workstation.

The HP zBook model series for example has removable graphics cards and both the notebook and a compatible graphics card to upgrade to cost a small fortune.

In-Stock High-Performance Intel® Xeon® Workstations | HP® Official Store

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.