Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Notebook 15-ba038au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there any way to invert the scrolling direction for the touchpad? There is supposedly a switch in Settings but it doesn't seem to exist.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

You will need to go to synaptics touchpad settings. From control panel choose mouse and then goto the Synaptica touchpad settings. There should be the option under two finger scrolling (or when you move the cursor over it there is small gears to change properties). Uncheck the box "enable reverse scrolling direction".

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

Hi,

For 2-fingered scrolling, you should be able to invert the scrolling direction as follows.

Open windows Control Panel and in the top right, next to View by: select 'Large Icons'.  From the new layout, select the Synaptics entry.

Tap on the entry 'Two-Fingered Scrolling' ( not the checkbox ) and then tap on the settings cog to the right.

In the following window, you should see the option to 'Enable reverse scrolling direction' - either remove or add a checkmark to this option depending on its currect state, select Close, then Apply and Ok in the previous window.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

i cant fimd anything youre talking about

HP Recommended

Same problem here. 

The buttons you describe are not present.

Further help would be much appreciated.

HP Recommended

I just managed to change it 🙂

Press the windows button and type 'synaptics'.  Why didn't i think of that earlier...

After that it's how it's described above. 

good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.