Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 m6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I've been researching for a few months now but have still to no avail found a viable solution/answer anywhere I looked. I have been looking for a stylus to use with my laptop which is a 2-in-1 so I figured it should be able to use one. But if possibly I would really love it to be pressure sensistive so I can draw in Photoshop with ease. It doesn't seem that any pen has been actually tested on this device though: all the Wacom ones haven't been tested, some say the HP Active Stylus may work but everyone commenting have the Hp Spectre so I would like to have a definitive answer if someone wouldn't mind helping.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@a1mello

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service!

I understand you are looking for a stylus for an envy x360 with a digitiser for pressure sensitivity.

I've attached the list of HP notebook PCs compatible with an HP Active Pen or HP Active Stylus

You may also find more details on this related link.

Keep me posted!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi,

I noticed that on the list of HP notebook PCs compatible with an HP Active Pen or HP Active Stylus, there was no category for the Envy x360 13 inch convertible. Does that imply that the envy x360 13 does not support neither the HP Active pen nor the Active stylus?
HP Recommended

From the chart:

If a PC model is not listed in the table, a compatible active pen/stylus is not available for that model.

HP Recommended

However, I also have a HP Envy x360 (15.6", but I woudnt think that would make a major difference), anyhow, TWO HP Support agents inststed that my computer is DEFINITLEY compatible with the HP Pen, which is not listed on the list.  But I also have yet to find a pen that will sync.  I'm going to try again, because of their insistence.  But where are they getting this information from that wel, as consumers, are not let in on.  I've heard many different things.  Some people sync first try, some never do.  Some sync with the HP Active Stylus (not on the list), most are unable to.  Some can use Wacom or Surface or Surface Pro pens while many othes can't.  There is a HUGE curve in ability, luck, information, and just syncronization abilities.  It seems that two peop;e could stand side-by-side with identical computersl with maybe 3 or 4 different pens in their hands, and I honestly believe, based on all that I have read thourghout the forum and onlline, that each person would hae different results.  It needs to be addressed.  Pronto.  Please.

HP Recommended

I experienced very similar in regards to conflicting information. Many of the models from up to a couple months ago apparently don't support the Active Stylus, or many pens (so you have two x360 touch-screen laptops IDENTICAL in appearance, but the one bought in June probably won't work with the Active Stylus, while one bought yesterday likely will work with the Active Stylus). I'm still on my search for a stylus for my HP ENVY x360 m6-aq105dx, but next on the list to try for me is the Adonit Dash.

If that doesn't work, I think I'm just selling it and switching to a brand with better product management:

• Even BestBuy.com listed active stylus as accessories for my model
  • The person behind me in line when returning yet another stylus at Best Buy had the same exact issue
  • I still get conflicting information from HP Sales and just don't trust them anymore for how much time I've wasted on getting a working stylus
I'm not an HP employee or agent
HP Recommended

I also had the exact same problem. Trying to sell it and get another brand. Very, very disappointing from a company with such a name ! One thing is for sure : on Facebook, I've written a post with convertible laptop suggestions, but for sure I will remove all references to HP (or one reference mentioning to pay attention if going with HP, and that other brands are as powerful, well built but more affordable than a Specter x360 with active stylus): such a confusion is like dishonesty and I don't want to bear that s---...

HP Recommended

...However, I had a hardware issue with the power button stuck, and the HP service center was courteous and prompt to answer to my servicing needs, resolving the issue with a harware repair including shipping and insuring around half-a month turn-over, without problem (I should receive a shipping box in about 2 to 3 days). Just for this I'll keep it and get along with a passive stylus.

EDIT: All in all it took HP only about 10 days (including week-end), counting from the time they told me on the phone that I'd receive a shipping box and pre-paid label, to the time I received the repaired  laptop!!!!!!! KUDOS to HP servicing!

HP Recommended

Really frustrating!  I purchased the HP Envy x360 13inch  model W8Q19AV in MAY, and paid A LOT of money for it.  HP supports an active pen for the 15 inch models, but not the 13 inch?  The reason I bought a 2 in 1 is for the touch support, and you don't support it with an active stylus.  How different could the 13 in and 15 in screens be that you don't have a pen?  When are you going to support this screen with an active pen?

HP Recommended

You're so right... However I found an acceptable solution: the Adonit Jot Pro with a transparent precision disc (and spare discs just in case - they don't cost much). Though you won't get the pressure sensitive functionality and must be slower than with an active stylus, it's the only acceptable "active-stylus look-alike" solution I found (the transparent disc simulates the use of a thinner pencil tip) : along Windows 10 interface in tablet, tent or standard modes, it can be used with 3D Paint, OneNote and others. That said, you'll still find it akward for taking notes in a classroom or a conference event - As a professional who's not running on gold, I too felt the same deception in this regard.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.