Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 17-EX016DZ
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an Hp 17-EX016DX which show a cracked display. I know that it the display that is bad, but I want to make that nothing else is wrong including the video card. The reason that I am saying is prior to showing the cracked screen it show lines accross the screen and I could see windows 8 login, but it was very blurry. At that stage I was able to connected an external monitor the image. SInce I did not the model I remove the battery to look for the model . After I replaced the battery the screen show the cracked screen and I could can get get video from the external video. The question is if the LCD is bad will this effect the video card to the point that it will not display on the secondary video. I think that since the LCD is bad then it this will problems with video where windows does not load and so the secondary video will not work. Does anybody know the answer to this question ?

Thank youPhoto Of Cracked Screen HP 17-e016dx.JPG

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I was thinking about this problem when I was going to work this morning then it kind dawn on me that if I were to remove the LCD Connection the computer would be force to use other video outputs (VGA or HDMI).  If that worked that it meant that the problem would be only on LCD, if they didn't that it probably a motherboard issue. So early today I remove the LCD from the computer and connect the TV via the VGA output and Lo and Ho behold was I able to see output my TV. I know there is an error, but is because the LCD need to replaced.  At least now people with the cracked screen issue can test to see if the problem is the motherboard or the LCD. Hopes this helps somebody that has issue.

(Sorry the mage looks fuzzy with lines, but is not screen issue rather it a camera photo issue when taken screen shots from certain angle.)

Photo Connected to TV.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.