06-08-2012 06:32 PM
Please try the following tricks:
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
06-08-2012 06:45 PM
All icons or just some of the typical Windows icons? If just the typical Windows icons, then right mouse click on the destop and select Personalize and the click on Change desktop icons and select what you need.
If all icons then try the following:
If you have made recent software or hardware changes to your PC then boot up in safe mode (F8 after splash screen) and see if the icons reappear. If yes, then it's possible that a program is interferring with the desktop icons. Please post your results.
If you have not made any recent changes then try to rebuild the desktop icon cache.
- Click Start, and open Computer.
- On the Tool bar, click Organize and choose Folder and Search Options.
- Click the View tab, and check to select the Show hidden files and folders option, and click OK.
- Then, enter the following directory:
5. Find the IconCache.db file, and rename it as IconCache.db.old.
6. Close the window, and restart the computer.
Please post your results.
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP ENVY 17t Touch,i7-5500u,16GB, 256 GB SSD (on loan)
HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad, HP Chromebook 11
Custom i7-4790k, Z97, 16GB 2400 MHz DDR3, Intel 750 PCI-E SSD, (2)Samsung EVO 840 SSD, Corsair HX650, EVGA GTX 760TI, Corsair H75 water cooler
Windows 10 Pro in UEFI mode - production system
Windows 7 and 8 in UEFI mode - test systems