02-22-2014 06:52 PM - edited 02-22-2014 06:54 PM
I have an Envy 17 with an integrated intel HD 4600 and a NVIDIA GeForce 750M graphics card. I am noticing that the computer pretty always chooses to use the integrated graphics card over the upgraded NVIDIA. This especially annoys me when I have the machine on the desk with an external monitor connected. Energy consumption is not an issue and I want the HDMI port to run exclusively through the NVIDIA Graphics card. How do I gain control of this process?
02-22-2014 08:02 PM - edited 02-22-2014 08:03 PM
(a) Right click a blank space on dektop,
(b) Select NVIDIA Control Panel
(c) Click Manage 3D settings
(d) Select High-performance NVIDIA Processor.
(e) Click Apply
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)