Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop PC 14-ea0000 (1Q879AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Suddenly the display will not return after the computer was in sleep mode.  To get it back i have to do a hard power off of the machine and start the power again.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem.  I've tried reinstalling the graphics driver but no help.

To avoid restarting to get the display to turn on, try using this keyboard shortcut which restarts the graphics driver:  WIN-CTRL-SHIFT-B

I'm running Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3447) and it's a HP Spectre x360 14 Product Number: 1H9M0UA#ABA

I've also tried just turning the display off after 1 minute but not going to sleep and the display does not turn back on.  I don't think it's a sleep issue but something with the display not resuming after being turned off.

Interestingly I tried hibernate mode and it started again and the display worked normally.

I hope an update will fix this annoying problem.  If any HP support or Windows experts have any ideas, please advise.

HP Recommended

Thank you to Erics75 for the suggestion but it did not work for me unfortunately.  I too hope they will fix this bug.

HP Recommended

Searching for the shortcut that works for me, I found the following that may be helpful to you until this annoying problem gets fixed:

Troubleshooting black or blank screens in Windows - Microsoft Support

HP Recommended

No solution just another Spectre user who has the blank screen issue recently.  No solutions yet and there are a few threads about this (Display not turning on after Sleep - HP Spectre x360 14 Convertible).  

Interestingly I did a backup restore from February this year and the display started behaving "properly".  Windows patches and updates and it seems I am now back to where I started having the issue again.  Some update gone awry.  

dv2620ca
HP Recommended

Not the "HP Solution", but downloading the latest Graphics Driver from Intel solved the issue for me.  

dv2620ca
HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem with my HP spectre x360, wondering what to do to fix this problem. The screen won't turn back on, on its own after turning off when it's off battery power. But I can see that the keyboard is working and the system is running as I get audio feedback by clicking the mouse. Also, the screen immediately turns on when I plug in the power cord. It seems like a common issue, hope HP provides an official fix soon. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.