Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy

I have a DELL D6000 DisplayLink dock and want to know if I purchase an HP Envy laptop will it be compatible 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@hml77008 

There are hundreds of different HP Envy machines around, I think you have to ask Dell because DELL D6000 DisplayLink is NOT an HP product. I know many HP Envy machines are compatible with HP USB-C G5 dock.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. I know virtually nothing about computers but my limited understanding was that DisplayLink was some sort of standard and I was assuming that laptop vendors would advertise that compatibility but apparently not. Maybe I’ll buy a Dell laptop and hope for the best :).

again, your response is much appreciated 

HP Recommended

@hml77008 

From its specs

https://www.delltechnologies.com/asset/en-us/products/electronics-and-accessories/technical-support/...

In the worse case we can use USB-A connection therefore newer HP Envy notebooks today you should be able to use USB-C connection BUT again, worse case you still can use USB-A connection

Please buy an HP Envy that has USB-C port which supports at least 10Gbs with Power Delivery and Alt mode, for example

https://www.hp.com/gb-en/shop/product.aspx?id=A0LS4EA&opt=ABU&sel=NTB#technical-details

The above machine is a new configuration for the Envies, it has

• 1 USB Type-C® 10Gbps signaling rate (USB Power Delivery, DisplayPort™ 2.1, HP Sleep and Charge)
  • 1 Thunderbolt™ 4 with USB Type-C® 40Gbps signaling rate (USB Power Delivery,

I believe the Dell dock should work on USB-C port of the above machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks again, that’s really helpful and much appreciated 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.