Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I have an HP Envy x360 2-in-1 Laptop 16-ac0012TU.

I bought an additional monitor, and in order to connect it, I need to use a USB-C to USB-C cable. When I connect it, the monitor turns on, but it says there's no signal. It seems like the laptop can't transmit video through the USB-C. I tried the monitor on two different laptops belonging to friends and everything worked fine.

I updated all the drivers and Windows and everything possible.

Is it not possible to connect separate monitors to this laptop via USB-C?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have the same issue with an HP ProBook 455.  My additional Monitor has worked since Nov 2023, and after most recent update, has stopped working and it giving the same 'no signal' message.  I have tried updating drivers, and even connecting thru USB vs the USB-c that I have for 6 months, with no luck.  Please help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.