Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 14 inch Laptop PC 14-ee0000 (7Q849AV)

I installed the newest BIOS F.09. After that my external displays are limited to 1920x1080 and 60Hz max. Cannot get more than that. I have several displays to test with and it's the same with all of them. For example one of them is 2560x1440 and 165Hz. I also tried with my 4k Oled TV and still the same, 1920x1080 60Hz....I know HDMI is limited to 144Hz, but cannot get anything above 1920x1080 and 60Hz max. There must be a bug in the BIOS and it needs to be fixed!

Display drivers are the newest for this laptop. Tried even newer from Intel website, but no difference. Rolled back to the HP distributed latest driver.

I would have rolled back to F06 Bios but the installer won't let me and USB updater has been made unnecessary complicated to todays standards..

Contacted HP whatsapp support but they badly underestimate customers' own knowledge of things. I had to quit the conversation because it was getting nowhere and support person said utterly rubbish stuff. I used this laptop with higher resolutions and refreshrates and the problem is with this bios. Fix it!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.