Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15n-221
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Regarding HP Pavilion 15n-series (15n-051, n018, n221, etc) with Win8 and AMD GPU/APU (HD 6000m-8000m series) that either gets updated or clean installed with Win10:

Anyone found a good solution for micro stutters in Windows on these models? Trying to type causes everything to hang for a couple of microseconds every other second.

The only “solution” I´ve encountered is to deactivate one of the graphic adapters in device manager, but then the performance goes down the drain for gaming/benchmarks/etc.

These models also have issues with drivers newer then 16.2.1 (stuck on black screen under update, then freeze on the boot screen after forcefully rebooting).

Tried most drivers after Catalyst 15.7. The ones available for Win10 on HP.com does not actually contain drivers for win10, pulling them instead from windows update (which have the same issues). Updated BIOS, disabled ULPS. Nothing seems to help on the 20+ models I´ve encountered.

At the moment I just have to roll them back to Win8 and tell my customers that this model is currently not fully compatible with Win10.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.