Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy M7-N101DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

(Edit: Well, since someone decided to edit this and make it into a completely new post instead leaving it as a reply to an already established post, which makes no sense to me, this post is now completely out of context.  So now I need to edit it so that it makes sense.  Thanks for that............)

So I have the HP Envy m7-n101dx.  LIke others, I have some yellow appearing in the corners of the LCD screen..  It's more apparent when the screen is at a brighter setting.  See image.  Due to the nature of cameras, this is showing what it would look like at it's worse even though, currently, it's barely noticible at this currently moment.

Let me add to this something I just noticed.. I had my display on full bright for a while... When exiting the game I was playing (GTA 5, which has a dark screen with white text while the game is closing) that's when I first noticed it.. I lowered my brightness because it was getting a bit too bright for me (it's getting late.. lol) and I noticed the yellowing started going away.  When I put the brightness back up, I notice it but it's not nearly as bad.  Letting it stay full bright makes it come back full to where it had been previously..

Others with the problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/HP-Envy-Display-Issues-Yellow-Backlight-in-C... (Original Post)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/Help-with-HP-Envy-Display-Issues-Yellow-Back...

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @andrewc437,

Thank you for posting. I have read your post, and I understand that there is yellow backlight showing  in the corner of your laptop screen. I want to assist in this matter.

Here is a link of troubleshooting the display

HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting a Notebook LCD Panel Issue (Windows 8/8.1, 7)

You may need to contact the HP phone support in your case.

Please use the following link HP Customer Support - Contact to create a case for your issue, and contact HP.
If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html to get the contact information for your region

Best of all,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Sorry.. Nothing on that page gives me any information to assist with the yellow I see in the corners. Thanks much though. Looks ike a call will be in order.
HP Recommended

Andrewc437- I have this same issue with my envy display. I see a yellow backlight in the corner of the screen when the image is dark for example when you first boot up the machine you see it. This is my second computer I returned the first one due to this issue but still see it in the replacement computer. any resolution on your end?

HP Recommended
I also have this issue and would love to know how to resolve it. Is it a generic problem with all the Envy laptops? Is it worth changing models all together, its a frustrating problem to have with a premium laptop! I took mine baxk today and did a screen comparison with another laptop (same model & same problem)
HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue with my lates HP envy device. Is there any solution for this issue.

I must say very disappointed.

Any solutions ? 

HP Recommended
It still happens to mine, but it's very, very faint now where I don't even notice it anymore..
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.