12-27-2012 01:45 PM
Got a new laptop with Windows 8. Installed Skype and webcam displays for few seconds and then stops working. Device Manager says Device is fine and drivers are up to date. In Skype it says "No webcam found. Connect your webcam or check it's plugged in properly." I have uninstalled the CyberLink Video software to remove any conflict with competing drivers. Still no luck in getting the webcam to work. Please help!!
12-27-2012 02:12 PM
At least the webcam is happy -- that is, the Device Manager SEEs your webcam. It appears that it is Skype that is not cooperating. That is better than a Dead Webcam: There is hope.
Consider / Try the following:
- Hard Reset - because this is one of those things people recommend and it should not hurt anything to gently kick the devices in case something is "not quite right" as far as Skype is concerned.
- Reinstall your Skype
- Consider -- If you have not done so in a while, UPDATE your skype version
- Try a clip-on webcam -- as a test
Documents and Such:
Hope this helps...
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)