Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15-ax009na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone can explian why I am experiencing graphics problems,

Don't get me wrong the laptop is great and functions well but my problem lies with the graphics card and the ac power

Whenever my laptop is plugged in the graphics performance and fps is great when playing games, Mostly GTA V...

But... Whenever the AC power cable is unplugged the fps drop dramatically and the game becomes unplayable and the graphics jitter therefore making the game unplayable.

However when I plug the power cable back in, Everything returns to normal,

I have revied my power settings and put in on max performance as well as through geforce experience i have switched off the battery boost to see if it was causing this problem but this is not the case

I believe the problem lies with the laptop being plugged in....

Please help,

Many Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Ghost_DSE

Good day! 🙂 Thanks for posting your question in the  HP Community. It is a terrific place to find answers and tips and to have the best experience in the HP forums. I read the post about graphic card performance dips while playing games  when the computer is not plugged in. I’ll be glad to assist you with this. 🙂  

You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I have reviewed the situation and it is paramount that we address your issue. Thank you for giving us the privilege to assist you on this platform. 🙂 You’ve done some awesome diagnosis and troubleshooting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 Brilliant troubleshooting/! 🙂

Please try these steps.

Later, please update the bios, chipset and graphic card drivers from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/OMEN-15-by-HP-Laptop-PC/10862325/model/12189078

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂 Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Ghost_DSE

Good day! 🙂 Thanks for posting your question in the  HP Community. It is a terrific place to find answers and tips and to have the best experience in the HP forums. I read the post about graphic card performance dips while playing games  when the computer is not plugged in. I’ll be glad to assist you with this. 🙂  

You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I have reviewed the situation and it is paramount that we address your issue. Thank you for giving us the privilege to assist you on this platform. 🙂 You’ve done some awesome diagnosis and troubleshooting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 Brilliant troubleshooting/! 🙂

Please try these steps.

Later, please update the bios, chipset and graphic card drivers from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/OMEN-15-by-HP-Laptop-PC/10862325/model/12189078

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂 Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Ghost_DSE,

I thank you for accepting this as a solution. It has been a great experience to work with you. It has been an absolute privilege to say the leas:) I hope things work great and the computer stays healthy for a long time. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. 

Take care and have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.