Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre Foldable 17-cs0000 (671D7AV)

Hello, when I bend the display and connect the keyboard to the magnets on the bottom of the display, the device dose not switch to notebook mode. The display under the keybord still works. Am I missing some software or driver installation? I have updated Win 11 and no driver is found in HP Support assistant. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Gigacomputer,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're having an issue with your HP Spectre Foldable 17 where it's not switching to notebook mode when you bend the display and attach the keyboard. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve this issue:

Check Settings: First, ensure that the device settings are configured to switch modes automatically. You can check this in Windows settings:

• Go to Settings > System > Display.
  • Scroll down and find settings related to display configuration or multi-display setups. There might be a specific setting for switching to notebook mode.

Sensor Troubleshooting: The mode switch often relies on sensors to detect how the device is being used. Make sure that nothing is blocking any sensors or magnets on the keyboard and the display.

Manual Toggle: Look for a manual mode toggle in the action center of Windows 11. Sometimes, you can switch modes manually if the automatic feature is not working.

HP Support and Drivers: Since you mentioned that no relevant driver updates were found through HP Support Assistant, you might need to manually check on the HP website. Sometimes, specific drivers or firmware updates are listed on the product page rather than through the support assistant software.

BIOS Update: Check if there's a BIOS update available for your device. A BIOS update can resolve issues related to hardware interactions that aren't fixed through normal driver updates.

Hardware Issue: If you suspect a hardware issue, especially with sensors or connectivity between the keyboard and display, professional service might be required.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.